Get found by your neighbors
If you have a local business or a business that serves a geographical area, (that pertains to the majority of small
businesses) then focusing on local search optimization should be a high priority.
Consumers tend to begin their search for businesses within a targeted area.
It’s up to the business to ensure they can be easily found! Although there are many directories
that list businesses automatically, they tend to contain wrong information especially when there are other
businesses with a similar name.
Examples of localized search phrases could be:
“sushi restaurant in Edison, NJ’
“Wedding DJ Wayne, NJ”
Local Search Optimization contains three basic components:
Optimize and/or create website content for local search
- customized landing pages for specific geographical locations
- create content based off keyword research to attract local searches
Claim local directories and listing sites
- Local search directories such as Google Places, Yahoo Local, Bing Local, Merchant Circle
- Review sites such as Yelp, TripAdvisor, FourSquare
- If you take the time to claim your listings on major local directories and networks, it prevents other people (or even nasty competitors) from incorrectly changing or even deleting your listing.
Optimize social media profiles/pages
- Ensure your social media pages list you as a local business and your address is correctly filled out!
- Optimize your Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, FourSquared, Yelp, and others you claimed
The experts at TwyLyfe can consult or perform the work letting you focus on your business.